Friday, January 31, 2014

Lace Cozy

As you may recall from this previous post, I have a bit of an odd winter-time accessory, a small collection of hot water bottles (if I'm running, I also have a large ice bag). The post highlighted not only my obsession with this delightful first aid standby, but also my desire for some hand knit cozies to make snuggling up with them even more enjoyable. The first of these I was able to work up from another's pattern in about a day, and I have since worked up one of my own design in the second yarn. 






I have not taken this beauty on a test run as of today, instead it has sat on my desk looking handsome! As I was working up the piece, I noticed that a standard hot water bottle is about the same size as my iPad (the back of this is plain knit, so I had lots of time to make observations such as this as I knit). 



Now, this is not knit to a create a very tight fabric (the technical term being gauge), so this is just a wicked cute turtleneck for your iPad. I wonder what other common items could be cozied by this turtleneck...I also think this could be a cute gift bag. Maybe for gifting a special book to someone.

For any adventurous knitters, I have decided to post the chart I worked up to follow as I knit. Mind you, I used this lace pattern with some placement changes and this is not a pattern. So please enjoy, and if you make anything exciting, please drop me a line so I can see your creation. 



The fully written pattern is now available for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment