Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Decorating In-Progress

With my recent contract ending and the various holiday obligations we have had, our tree only went up this last weekend! (Please forgive the photography, it is a work in progress).
In addition to the tree, I splurged on a fancy faux garland for the mantle. I also bring out the picture of us visiting Santa Paws with our cat last year!
Finally, our stockings are hung. When we first moved in I put clear pushpins in existing holes, and there they have stayed waiting for our stockings every year. This year they will actually get filled where they hang! (It is obvious in this photo that the sun came out. With our south facing huge windows this is not ideal for photographing my decor).
Finally, under the tree I have spread the few presents we have collected along with our family of Dutch Klompen. This makes for a special touch, while also taking up room to fill up the underside of our tree. You can also see the gold and chocolate ornaments that are new this year. I love how the colors are both elegant and nature-y. I have to say, I with I had noticed the lights had white cords before they came home with me, but I do think that I tucked them in fairly well.
Now for the projects in the works! 
I am re-working my ornament wreath. I chose the metallic colors hoping to change out christmas specific flair as winter goes on. Unfortunately, last year I attempted to make it just by stringing the ornaments on wire, and it was not a huge success. This year, I am gluing the ornaments to a wreath form. My challenge this year being that I forgot hoe much hot glue can hurt when it gets on your fingers!


As this photograph shows, I have also left out all of the packaging. It just seems odd to pack it back away, especially since none of it really protects my decorations. My hope is to find a large box (decorative or plain that I then wrap with festive paper) that would allow these packages to sit out at the ready while also adding a touch of cheer. Then, once the decorations are packed up for the year, they could go into the same decorative box for storage. The biggest challenge here is finding a place for such a box year round. 



1 comment:

  1. Too cute Rose, great job! Hope you and Paul are doing well, tell him hi for me! ~ Jenacee

    ReplyDelete